Friday, April 6, 2007

Proposal Story


On December 22, 2006 Alex and I were at my parents' house in Faribanks when we decided we wanted to watch a movie. We went into my parents' bedroom because that is where my dad keeps an immense dvd collection under lock and key. However, I could not find the key anywhere and began calling my dad to find out where it was stashed. In the meantime, Alex is panicking because he had asked for my dad's blessing that morning and thought he would spill the beans if I called. As the phone rings, I hear Alex, "Beth, what's this?" he called from the floor, as if he had found something. I hung up the phone, thinking he had found the key on the floor. Then he held up a ring and after I finally realized what was going on and I was getting much more than a movie from the locked box, he asked me to marry him and I said yes.