Friday, November 13, 2009

Hello Friends!


My best friend Anthony from back home came to visit us last weekend. It was great to have him up here for a few days of board games and a soak in the Chena Hot Springs. It made me miss a time when we used to hang out with people, throw dinner parties, and have game/Wii nights.

Four of my closest friends from High School have visited me since I moved to Alaska; I have awesome friends. It is not cheap to get up here as you may know (over $800 to get to Seattle), so it is by no means a small matter. Thanks guys.

Speaking of High School, we are going to see High School Musical produced by the Fairbanks Light Opera Theater (FLOT). I have a few students performing in the production, so either way it will be entertaining. I will be joining FLOT in March to play Cello in their production of Sweeny Todd. I hear the music is rather challenging, so I am looking forward to receiving the music and getting to work. It is a wonderful opportunity to get my name out there.



GABE WATCH:
Gabe is trying to copy everything that comes out of our mouth.
New words:
  • Hat - Gabe (now that it gets WELL below freezing) allows us to place a hat on his head. He promptly puts both his hands on his head and exclaims "HAT."
  • No - He has been saying no for a few weeks now but now he uses it to answer questions. The only problem is that he uses No for Yes as well. Luckily, my deductive reasoning ranks right up there with Sherlock Holmes (I kid), so I have very few issues understanding. "Gabe, do you want some juice?" Gabe then says "No," and sprints to the refrigerator. That No obviously meant Yes. "Gabe do you want to take another bite?" Gabe responds with "No," and shakes his head vigorously while pushing the spoon away and turning bright red. I usually assume this No means No.
  • Two - When we start to count, Gabe chimes in with two. It is adorable. "Ready Gabe?" "One," "two," "Three!" He says it perfectly.


Gabe has also become very good at identifying animals. His favorites are dogs, fish, and kitties. Fish still hold the #1 spot with Kitties in a close second. Dogs are last because they are usually smart enough to stay away from incoming toddlers.

Trip to Anchorage and Beyond
Update: Nov. 14th (More Pictures)